Good cyber security webinars are a great resource. A webinar enables you to dive deeper into security discussions, hear directly from security experts, and explore cloud security solutions in a more engaging way—and on your own schedule in the case of on-demand webinars. As this year in security comes to an end, I want to take a look back at some of the best cloud security webinars of 2017—content that will help you prepare for what’s to come in 2018.
These webinars are—in my opinion—the greatest hits of cloud security. They cover everything from high-level information on industry trends and best practices to more granular topics like security automation, emerging attack types, and incident response planning. The contents of these presentations will ensure that your security is in its best shape as you head into the new year.
So, without further ado, here are the Top 5 Webinars of 2017:
Overcome your Azure security challenges. Go in-depth on the Microsoft Shared Security Model, gain insight to leveraging Azure platform capabilities and expertise, and learn about the integrated value chain of full stack security. This webcast is your go-to guide for securing your Azure workloads.
- Top tips for addressing the Microsoft Shared Security Model
- 5 considerations when securing your apps on Azure or multi-cloud deployments
- Bentley Systems case study on maintaining customer and compliance requirements
- The integrated value chain of Alert Logic Cloud Defender
Start off with the biggest question: who’s in need of security compliance? If you are a global company, this is a good place to start your research. This is part 1 of a 2-part webinar series (You should also watch Part 2) to get your business ready for the EU General Data Protection Regulation that goes into effect on May 25, 2018. We start by defining personal data and the various roles in the organization, then go over ways to assess your risk.
- Get the facts on important dates, partner obligations, financial implications, and more
- Define personal data and the business roles who interact with this data
- Appropriate breach response time and accountability principals
- Review two actual incident response case studies
All things cloud security in under 30 minutes! From a high level, understand the AWS shared responsibility model, the complexities in defending web applications and workloads, and what organizations hope to achieve in their security. Then, go a level deeper into automation capabilities, AWS solution blueprints, and incident response with Cloud Defender, our fully-managed cloud security solution.
- Alert Logic Cloud Defender reference architecture on AWS
- Customer incident case study from escalation to remediation
- Automation scripts to build security into an auto-scaling deployment
- Live demo of Alert Logic Cloud Insight
Derived from our 2017 Cloud Security Report, this webcast is hosted by the lead researchers themselves and breaks down the report, covering 550 days, 147 petabytes of data, and 32.5 million security events. Learn why web app attacks are still king of the hill, how workload environments impact incident volumes, and get a closer look on sustained, multi-stage attacks for intellectual property.
- How security incidents differ on hybrid networks versus public-cloud installations
- Top 6 web attack types are that account for 75% of verified incidents
- Machine learning’s impact on detecting incidents and understanding attack progression
- Important steps to preventing targeted attacks and protecting your data
Learn to optimize your cloud for resilience as we sit down with our business continuity partner, BC in the Cloud. This webcast covers the implications on cyber-attacks and the importance of establishing a scalable business continuity plan. See an overview on today’s global attacks, learn why web application attacks are on the rise, and gain security best practices to meet your rapid deployment needs.
- The true impact of a cyber-attack on a company from the bottom line to the board room
- The importance of having a business continuity/disaster recovery plan in place
- How business continuity planning tools and security software go hand in hand
- The significance of exercising and testing a plan prior to an attack
Start with these five. You can also catch up on all of our 2017 webinars on our cyber security webinars page. Stay tuned for new webinar topics coming up in 2018.